Worried about your child entering primary school? You are not alone! Come attend TLC's School Readiness Program, helmed by our team of experienced educator and speech therapist. It will help to prepare you and your child in all aspects for the big transition to primary one.
What Your Child Will Learn?
- Cognitive (Literacy, Numeracy, Concepts)
- Communication (Receptive, following instructions in noisy environment, expressive eg., conversational, listening and expanding)
- Social (Interpersonal, following social rules, teacher relations, peer relations; self-help/independence (buying food, mealtime, personal hygiene, dressing, awareness of safety, use of money, getting needs met, time concept, organisation)
What You Will Learn?
There will be one session for parents to understand expectations of primary school setting, to ask questions and to review the themes taught during this program, with practical suggestions for parents to continue to reinforce these skills as our children make that big transition to primary one.
What The Program Offers?
- Small and conducive classes for your child
- Held four times a week on weekday mornings
Tools and Techniques Used?
- Small student-teacher ratio
- Role play of primary school setting
- Visual supports and social stories/scripts
- Sensory and behavioral strategies and support
- Positive reinforcement
- Carryover activities/parent tips
- Parent education and support
- Individualised goals to suit the needs of each child
Who Can Benefit?
Any child with special needs transiting to Primary School in the following year.