More Than Words / It Takes Two To Talk Programs
The Hanen Program is an internationally acclaimed family focused early language and social skills intervention. Hanen firmly believe that parents can and should be their child’s most important language teachers. It is a research based program that provides support to you and your family to make the most of every interaction you share with your child. At TLC, we are trained in two specialized Hanen Programs: It Takes Two To Talk and More Than Words, to empower you and your family in providing language stimulation to your young ones.
What are the benefits and goals?
- Have a chance to connect with other parents and share problems and ideas
- Learn to recognize your child’s stage and style of communication so that you know which steps to take next
- Identify what motivates your child to interact with you so you’ll know how to get conversations started
- Learn practical strategies to help your child take turns and keep interactions going in everyday routines
- Learn language stimulation techniques during daily routines, play, songs, and book reading
- Feel empowered in working with their children on language and communication
- Learn to interact with you purposefully with turns
- Be more confident and be encouraged to communicate
- Understand language and to learn new words
- Learn to expand on the number of words they can say in an utterance
- Learn to initiate requests and use language to communicate
For more information on the programs, please visit: …. For more information on the Hanen Centre, please visit: www.hanen.org.